Thursday, May 18, 2006

Another Day, Another Dinosaur

http://http://area.obec.go.th/nan1/

If you check out the link above you'll see the Thai Ministry of Education's (OBEC)Website. Staring yours truly and her fellow Gappers who are stationed in Nan. I really don't know what the rest of it is about since my Thai is still horrible, but the second set of photos is sure our visit to the ministry right after we arrived at the airport. Apparently the newspaper is going to print today, so we'll get a few copies of that soon.(like ummm all of them)

Other than that life has been pretty interesting. I basically bombed my first teaching class, since they just threw me in there, "GO TEACH YESNO?" (yes no is one word in thai which makes it so confusing to agree/disagree) i didn't know the grade/english level/names or even have a thai teacher to help me. We played 'head and shoulders' for about 40 minutes. Turns out they were grade 5.

"I was singing old macdonald when they wanted to hear Coolio" - quote from our training class in bangkok.

Its 9:42 and i just finished teaching a kindergarden class which was awesome. they're so much fun. we played ball games and learned our ROYGBIV, which actually was ROYGIBPP cuz i wanted to do pink and purple. So fun and so cute. I'm glad i have 3 kindergarden classes a week! I'm also teaching Pratom (grade) 1,3,5, a computer skills class (yes my technological skills are coming in handy megan) and we run an english club that the older kids come to and do skits and fun stuff. We're also planning a province-wide english camp for the first weekend in June, which is going to be crazy.

Last night we got home and had a full night of trying to kill bugs. And when I say bugs I don't mean little wimpy Canadian bugs, not even the ones you find in Manitoba. These are monsters. "Prehistoric Dinosaurs" - Jade. With coackroaches and random flying beatles as big as my fist, Miranda has to kill them as I can't bring myself to squish something that looks the size of one of my old corgie dogs. We also had a couple lizards enter the house, not those cute little geckos that were in our African shower. These are massive mini-dinosaurs that make the scariest clicking sound. Our neighbor who makes us dinnner and washes our clothes heard our screaming and came over to fill the cracks in the roof with toilet paper (which i'm convinced dinosaurs can eat through) I still tucked my bednet in extra tight.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?