Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bangkok Loves Farangs

So after a whole day here in Bangkok i'm sorta getting used to the heat, but its still like a wet-soggy-wool blanket on your whole body while you're wearing wet socks. Just smothering. Although I did sleep for 12 hours last night when i repositioned my bed under the fan so i got a little bit of wind througout the night.

Bangkok is a really weird city. First of all there are billions of Farangs (white tourists) and everyone loves them. The taxis have "I LOVE FARANGS, LETS SPEAK ENGLISH TOGETHER" stickers on them, and every thai person i've met speaks some sort of english. There is every kind of traveller here too. My favorite thing is to sit on the balcony of my guest house's restaurant and just watch the people walk by. I saw two Paris Hilton 17 year old ameican girls walk by wearing their nude money belts on the outside of their frilly white skirts, then you see 3 hard core russian guys who have just been trekking in Bhutan going into the same guesthouse. Its just weird. Bangkok is also a city where its hard to meet other travelers, everyone is pretty paired off or in their groups. Like I said, weird. But I of course with my magnetic personality and stunning features have met some nice British folk and today will be goig to the Bangkok city zoo with them. crazy times.

I haven't braved the tuk-tuks yet since i'm not up to being ripped off quite yet. And the busses (ANTM style) are just too expensive. So im walking around town getting caught in the HUGE rainstorms. All of the sudden you hear a crack of thunder (which i may or maynot have thought was gunshots) then all the thai people run for cover. I decide to keep walking and get soaked. then 1 hour later after continuous torrential downpour it stops and gets sunny and wet-socks hot again. Yeah for rainy season.

I would post some pics, but i haven't taken many, and i left my camera in my room which is on the 5th floor of this guesthouse. I know i have to work off the banana pancakes which i eat about twice a day, but those stairs are redic!

That's about all for now. I miss you all as much as I miss the cool waters of lacarno beach.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?