Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Birthday Part 1: Wiang Sa

Today is my Wiang Sa Birthday. The teachers got me the cutest cake (who knows where they found somewhere in Nan to buy a birthday cake!) and the director sang me Happy Birthday. Which was odd since he has never spoken a word of english, or spoken to me at all for that matter, since i've been here.

Then as I was teaching my Pratom 5 class - The Ovaltine truck comes up and starts unloading speakers, prizes, free ovaltine drinks....kinda like the old Pepsi taste test.... so classes get cancelled and we all drink cold ovaltine for the rest of the morning.

My grade one class didn't really understand it was my birthday, but decided that the funniest thing in the world today is "PEE" and kept sneaking up to the chalkboard to add 'pee' to my good-morning/good-afternoon drawings.

Anyways, its officially vacation and in 5 hours i'm heading off with Uncle Jai and his family in a 11 seat minivan for the 12 hour trek to Bangkok. Meeting up with Jon and Jen at the airport and flying down to see Megan, Christine and Heather on Koh Samui!!!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?